CALL FOR PAPERS / PANEL SESSIONS / WORKSHOPS / FIELD TRIPS
Trails Australia welcomes all prospective delegates and presenters to the 6th National Tracks and Trails Conference - 'The Business of Trails', to be held in 2011.
Expression of Interest Sought
Individuals and organisations are invited to submit an abstract for presentation or peer review at the 6th National Tracks and Trails Conference - 'The Business of Trails'. Original research studies, insights into current practice, policy review/overviews and practice-based presentations are all appropriate formats. the following session categories are available for consideration;
- peer reviewed paper (plus presentation at the conference)
- presentations(without review)
- interactive in-room workshop session
- panel discussion topic (with up to four panelists per session)
- pre or post conference field trip
Preference will be given to presentations that;
- Develop the current issues relevant to Trails Australia
- Are received in the required format by the required date
- Have a title that introduces / is indicative of the content of the session
- Feature content that will appeal to the national trails audience
Session formats will vary according to the type of proposed activity and expressions should fall into one of the following;
- 30 minute concurrent presentation sessions (incl Q&A)
- 90 minute concurrent workshop sessions - an interactive and "hands on" in-room workshop (incl Q&A)
- Providing a pre or post conference field trip/study tour (half/full/multi day programs)
Trails Australia are pleased to announce that, for the first time, the 6th National Tracks and Trails Conference will provide authors with the opportunity to submit their paper for peer review and publication in an appropriate journal for successful candidates. The review process will take place after the conference to provide authors with the benefit of incorporating feedback from delegates within their paper. Deadlines and subsequent actions are listed below.
Authors may be asked to participate in the peer review process and those papers that reach the required quality for publication will be published in an appropriate journal on or around August 2011.
Assessment and deadlines for the Peer Review process can be viewed here.
Please limit your expression to 300 words and presented in Times New
Roman 12pt font - a WORD Document template can be downloaded HERE.
Presentations/Workshops/Panel Session/Field Work
Assessment and deadlines for
the Peer Review process can be viewed here.
Please limit your expression to 300 words and presented in Times New Roman 12pt font - a WORD Document template can be downloaded HERE. Please note the following information:
- Author(s) name(s), organisation, email/contact address
- How the data was gathered/clear statement of arguments/evidence OR workshop intentions
- Conclusions/outcomes and/or intended audience
- Session theme
- Each room will be equipped with a flip chart or whiteboard, laptops and data projectors - submissions must bear this in mind
- Author Biography - please attach a 50 word biographical background of the author/s. This should include information on the author/s designation and organisation, and a summary of their background interest, knowledge or skill in the topic addressed.
- Please ensure the Copyright Notice is acknowledged
By submitting an Abstract, you agree to the Terms and Condition of the Copyright Notice - which can be viewed here.
Register your expression of interest to present via the Home Page